COVID-19 and its effect on Newman & Co.
Thank you for your continued support through purchases, reaching out, and engaging with us on social media! As you know, we just celebrated out 18th anniversary as a company, and we couldn't have gotten here with out all of you.
1. In an effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, our brick and mortar store temporarily closed on March 17.
2. We launched our online shopping platform the next week! We have a small crew working diligently to add your products online (while social distancing and fostering a safe work environment). We upload items and ship out orders daily.
3. All consignments were extended. No items will expire during our temporary closure. That time period will be added to each items contract period. If you look online at your item’s status, it may show expired but if it sells, you will still get credit for it during the extension period.
4. Consignor checks are still being processed as usual. We mail checks for account balances of $50 or more on the 15th of each month for the previous month’s sales. While we usually offer you the opportunity to pick up smaller balances in store, we are unable to do that since all non-essential businesses are closed to the public. Rest assured-those balances will be there waiting for you when we open back up!
5. Returns of items (purchased online during our closure) will be accepted thru 7 days after we reopen with original tags attached. These items will be eligible for in-store credit only.
6. Watch your email for upcoming opportunities for a safe option to drop off your consignments!
8. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please know we are looking forward to getting back open as soon as possible and offering you amazing resale items! We have been using this time to learn the ins and outs of selling on our website (just another reason to consign with us! We are getting your products in front of multiple platforms), stream lining our procedures, deep- cleaning the store and more!
Please watch for upcoming emails and social media posts to stay informed.
In the meantime, sort through your closets! We would love to accept your spring and year round items as soon as possible. Please hold those items for us! Visit our website for more detailed information on what we will be accepting.
Thanks so much for supporting our locally owned family business. We appreciate you!